Monday, May 29, 2017

FMS #289 - A Sara Thing (Paper Pumpkin)

Happy Memorial Day!!  It is a glorious day in North Texas to reflect on the service members that were willing and remain willing to sacrifice themselves for the safety and security of others. 
Thank-you!!

Today I am playing with the latest Freshly Made Sketches challenge #289.  Once I saw the sketch I knew I had to pull out my April Paper Pumpkin kit, A Sara Thing.  Here is what I came up with today.  This is another color wash card similar to my last post,  this time I used Stampin Up Watercolor Pencils and a wet brush. With the exception of a few embellishments everything I needed to create this card was included in the Paper Pumpkin kit.  How cool is that?


Card Measurements
 
Basic Black base 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
Whisper White layer 5 1/4 x 4
DSP and Watercolor layer 3 x 3
 


TIP: To add subtle splashes of color to my water colored background I dipped the brush in water and then added pigment directly from watercolor pencil to brush.  Then I flicked the bristles with my finger to achieve the desired look.  Here is a close up photo.

 


Thanks for stopping by my blog, Tea and Stamps, today. I hope you enjoyed viewing my project featuring A Sara Thing Paper Pumpkin kit.  Paper Pumpkin kits are a great way to get crafty without having to spend lots of money.  Each kit contains all you need to complete each project.  Currently Stampin UP is offering a 25% discount on a 3-month subscription for new enrollees.  Now is a great time to give Paper Pumpkin a try. If you would like learn more about Paper Pumpkin leave me a comment or drop me an e-mail at texdelch@hotmail.com.  You can also "Follow by Email" or become one of my "Followers" to keep up with my latest creations.

 
Product List



Cathy Peck
Wichita Falls, TX
texdelch@Hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card. I love the watercolor wash behind the sentiment and the shimmery flower. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches. Sorry the link was closed before you could add your card. The timer for the link is controlled by the Linky Tools host so I'm not sure why it was closed before 3:00. Thanks for letting me know about the problem so that I can address it with them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, be sure to come back for more inspiration.

#DOswts429 - Spring is in the Air Inspiration Hop featuring Wonderful Thought Bundle

  Hey friends!!  Spring is here and I am really loving all the beautiful blooming azaleas in south Alabama.  The colors are so ...