Saturday, September 16, 2017

Deck the Halls - Carols of Christmas

My Friday Christmas card post on a Saturday featuring the Carols of Christmas stamp set and the Card Front Builder Thinlets.  Deck the Halls is one of my favorite carols.  This card was made for a group swap which means I made a lot of them, I believe it was 18 cards.  This was the prototype that I made for the swap, I used it as a guide for the other cards.  It was in the 100's this week, too hot to think of Christmas.  Anxiously awaiting cooler weather.   

 
Card Measurements:
Garden Green Card Base 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
Be Merry DSP Layer 5 1/2 x 3 3/4
 Silver Glimmer Layer 3 x 3
Whisper White 2 1/2 x 2 1/2
 

TIP: Making a big batch of cards is very time consuming, so I to work them in parts.  First I get all the cutting and stamping done, then sort everything into piles.  My second step was attaching the DSP to card base, then I assembled the sentiment.  The fun part was adding ornaments to the sentiment.  Make sure to leave the protective paper on the dimensional until you are ready to stick the ornament down or they just stick to everything and drive you crazy.  Fast Fuse works great to hold the Silver Metallic Thread to the sentiment base.

 
 


Second Tip: On my sample card in the picture I used the Enamel Shapes.  Unfortunately the package has a limited number of the shapes and I 54 shapes to finish the cards.  So I had to find an alternative because I wanted a bit of texture on the card.  Rhinestone Basic Jewels colored with a red Sharpie were a great substitute.

  • Carols of Christmas Bundle (146036 wood or 146037 clear) stamp set and dies at a 10% savings.  add it to your shopping cart today!!

Product List
 Carols Of Christmas Clear-Mount Bundle
$45.00
 Carols Of Christmas Clear-Mount Stamp Set
$20.00
 Carols Of Christmas Wood-Mount Bundle
$52.00
 Carols Of Christmas Wood-Mount Stamp Set
$28.00
Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies
$30.00
Layering Squares Framelits Dies
$35.00
Be Merry Designer Series Paper
$11.00
Silver Glimmer Paper
$5.00
Garden Green 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
$8.00
Garden Green Classic Stampin' Pad
$6.50
Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
$9.00
Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad
$6.50
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
$5.00
Big Shot
$110.00
Stampin' Dimensionals
$4.00
Liquid Multipurpose Glue
$4.00

To order the Carols of Christmas bundle or any products used to make this card just click on the images above and it will take you to my store.


 Enjoy!!


Cathy Peck
Wichita Falls, TX
texdelch@Hotmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, be sure to come back for more inspiration.

#DOswts429 - Spring is in the Air Inspiration Hop featuring Wonderful Thought Bundle

  Hey friends!!  Spring is here and I am really loving all the beautiful blooming azaleas in south Alabama.  The colors are so ...