Wednesday, May 24, 2017

DOStamper STARs Thursday Challenge #232: Flourish Thinlets Color Wash

Welcome to this weeks DOStamper Stars Thursday Color Challenge #232. This week we are having a "Color My World" Challenge highlighting Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Crushed Curry. I used the three ink colors to create a color wash on my card layer and added die cut flowers using the Flourish Thinlits in coordinating cardstock colors. I think it is a lovely card.


Card Measurements: 
 
Basic Black base 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
Shimmery White layer 5 1/4 x 4
Vellum strip 1 x 4
Basic Black sentiment strip 5/8 x 3 1/2
 




 

Tip: Pinterest has several video examples of the Color Wash technique, I suggest you go there and find the technique that works best for you.  I took ink directly from ink pad and onto the paper with my aqua painter, making sure my aqua painter was not overly wet.  Shimmery White or Watercolor paper works best for this technique. Once I had the right amount of ink on the paper I let it dry for a bit and then flattened under a heavy book.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Tea and Stamps, today. I hope you enjoyed viewing my project featuring Flourish Thinlets die with a color wash background.  If you would like learn more about the technique I used leave me a comment and you can also "Follow by Email"  or  become one of my "Followers" to keep up with my latest creations. 

Product List


Cathy Peck
Wichita Falls, TX
texdelch@Hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Cathy - I love your card! Great color wash look. Thank you for playing along with this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, be sure to come back for more inspiration.

#DOswts430 Sketch Inspiration Hop - featuring Gorgeously Made Bundle

Hey Friends!  It's time for the bi-monthly STARS Blog Hop.  The Gorgeously Made Bundle and the the vibrant Masterfully Made De...