Sunday, June 25, 2017

3-D Sunday: Stamped Coasters

I missed posting last week, we were in San Antonio for the Texas State Youth Bowling Tournament and I forgot to take my laptop.  All three of my kids participated this year and the final results will be out on Monday, 6/26.  After the tournament we spent a few days in Austin.  Loved Austin and we plan to visit again.  If you ever go there I suggest Mandola's Italian Market in the Triangle area of Austin -- we ate there twice!  Yummy!!

Here is a very simple project using blank, unfinished tiles.  I picked up my tiles from Michaels Craft Store, a pack of 4 for $3.99, less with 40% off coupon.  Oh so easy!!  Remove any dust from tile, stamp using the archival inks only, I used Stampin Up Basic Black and Basic Gray plus a few others in colors from another company.  Any stamp set will work for this technique it is all about the message you want to create.  To finish I covered the tiles with several coats of Myland's Clear Wax, absolutely love Myland's it is great for craft projects and furniture. No paper or scissors required just ink!!

 
Background - Gorgeous Grunge
Image & Sentiment - Artistically Asian
 


 Awesomely Artistic
Background & Sentiment - Basic Gray
Flowers - Basic Black


TIP: To cover tiles with wax I used the following steps:
  • Apply thin layer of wax using brush, let dry about 30 minutes, buff with old cloth
  • Repeat at least 2 to 3 more times
  • Be sure to wax edges
  • I did not wax bottom 
 
Background & Sentiment - Awesomely Artistic
Focal Point - Dragonfly Dreams
 

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Tea and Stamps, today. I hope you enjoyed viewing my stamped tile project featuring the Artistically Asian, Awesomely Artistic and Dragonfly Dreams stamps sets.  This is such and easy project hope you give it a try.

Product List
Awesomely Artistic Clear-Mount Stamp Set
$20.00
Artistically Asian Clear-Mount Stamp Set
$19.00
Dragonfly Dreams Photopolymer Stamp Set
$21.00
Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad
$7.00
Basic Gray Archival Stampin’ Pad
$7.00

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this project by leaving a comment below or e-mail me at texdelch@hotmail.com. You can also "Follow by Email" or become one of my "Followers" to keep up with my latest creations.

Enjoy!!

Cathy Peck
Wichita Falls, TX
texdelch@Hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, be sure to come back for more inspiration.

#DOswts429 - Spring is in the Air Inspiration Hop featuring Wonderful Thought Bundle

  Hey friends!!  Spring is here and I am really loving all the beautiful blooming azaleas in south Alabama.  The colors are so ...