Sunday, July 16, 2017

Watercolor Wash Card: Window Shopping Stamp Set

Each year Stampin Up offers an Incentive Trip to Demonstrators that have accumulated a specific number of points based on sales.  The trips include airfare, accommodations, food, and some gifts.  This year's incentive trip was to Thailand so I chose colors that made me think of Asia and reminds me of pictures I have seen of Thailand in books and on TV.  I think hot, steamy and warm colors, like Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo with some Copper Foil for a bit of opulence.  One day I will be making that trip, I am shooting for the 2019 cruise of the Greek Isles.  


  Card Measurements:
 Melon Mambo base 5 1/2 x 4 1/
Crushed Curry layer 5 1/4 x 4
Shimmery White 3 3/4 x  5
Copper Foil paper 4 x 4
Whisper White  4 x 4



Technique Tip: Shimmery White paper can be treated like watercolor paper.  I used my aqua painter with Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango inks to create this water colored background.  Be sure to spritz the paper with a bit of water before you start, it helps to spread the colors.   Let dry and then place under a heavy book to flatten.  The shimmer of the paper is still visible through the ink, I really love this Shimmery White cardstock.

 
 
I chose the sentiment from the Window Shopping stamp set because that is what Stampin Up is to me a great friend.  I have meet some fantastic and talented people.  It is a great community of folks that love to Create, Share and Inspire each other.  


Thanks for stopping by my blog, Tea and Stamps, today. I hope you enjoyed viewing my card celebrating Stampin Up's annual incentive trip to Thailand.  The Copper Foil paper and Copper embossing make this card extra special.  FYI: Stampin Up Bonus Days are back for the month of July. Earn in July, Spend in August. Check it out here.

Product List
Stamp
Ink
Card Stock
Tools & Adhesive
Accessory
Big Shot

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the techniques or products used to make this card or any cards on my blog by leaving a comment below or e-mailing  me at texdelch@hotmail.com.

You can "Follow by Email" or become one of my "Followers" to keep up with my latest creations.

 Enjoy!!


Cathy Peck
Wichita Falls, TX
texdelch@Hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, be sure to come back for more inspiration.

#DOswts429 - Spring is in the Air Inspiration Hop featuring Wonderful Thought Bundle

  Hey friends!!  Spring is here and I am really loving all the beautiful blooming azaleas in south Alabama.  The colors are so ...